Life is always happier when shared with friends, right? So why not invite your best pals over for a nice dinner and whip together this delicious recipe. We’re positive it will wow them all!
In this article, we are recommending a delicious recipe. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Cherry, Jalapeno, and Apricot Barbecue Glazed Roasted Turkey
Surprise your guests with a sweet and glazed turkey with a spice and a little zing.
- Turkey, thawed and giblets removed- 18 to 22 pounds
- Water- 8 quarts 3 cups (2 of these quarts should be ice cold)
- Brown sugar- 1 cup
- Peppercorns- 20 whole
- Dried cherries- 2 5 ounces package
- Agave nectar- 1 cup
- Ginger ground- 1 tablespoon
- Nutmeg- 1 tablespoon
- Jalapenos- 3
- Salt- 3 tablespoons and ½ teaspoon
- Unsalted butter- ¾ cup
- Dried Mediterranean Apricots- 7 ounces
- Onion Powder- 1 tablespoon
- Paprika- 1 tablespoon
- White Vinegar- ¾ cup
- Garlic powder- 1 teaspoon
- Add 6 quarts water, peppercorns, agave nectar, nutmeg, ½ cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons salt, and ginger in a large pot. Bring it to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add 2 quarts water (ice cold).
- Place the turkey in the oven roasting bag and add it to a pot. Add brine to the bag and seal it. Place refrigerator overnight.
Prepare barbecue glaze
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Place jalapeno on a baking sheet and broil it for 5 minutes. After that, change the sides of the jalapeno, and broil for 5 more minutes.
- Remove it from oven and let it cool. Using a paper towel remove the skin and seeds.
- In a medium saucepan, add apricots, cherries, and remaining water. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Drain and reserve the cooking liquid, nearly 1 ½ cups. Keep the cherries and apricots.
- In a blender, add cooking liquid, garlic powder, apricots, vinegar, cherries, paprika, salt, onion powder, and brown sugar. Make it a puree and pour it into the saucepan.
- Add butter and stir until melted. Simmer for 20 minutes. Keep 2 cups of sauce for turkey and keep rest of the cups in a refrigerator for serving with the turkey.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees for roasting turkey.
- Remove the turkey from the brine and add it to the roasting pan.
- Roast the turkey for 20 minutes per pound.
- During the last 40 minutes of the roasting time, brush the barbecue glaze over the turkey.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Add more barbecue glaze and bake it until it reaches the temperature of 165 degrees.
Give this delicious turkey a try and impress your guests. Be sure to make time for a nap afterwards!