Over the past few years, a handful of memorable new games have been released including Cards Against Humanity, Codenames, and Telestrations. Exploding Kittens was also among the best of newly released games, and the creators, Elan Lee and Matthew Inman, just shipped Kickstarter boxes of a game that may be even better. Throw Throw Burrito is an exciting game that’s described by the creators as “the world’s first dodgeball card game.” In fact, it’s better than dodgeball because you get to throw cute squishy burritos at your friends. The game involves collecting matching sets of cards faster than your opponents, playing different hands that incite burrito battles, and tons of laughs.
Here are further details on how to play from the game’s website.
- Place a pair of burritos on a table and draw cards. Keep your cards a secret.
- Rack up points by finding sets of three in the deck. Find matches before anyone else does.
- If someone plays Burrito Cards, a Battle ensues. Steal points from your opponents by hitting them with squishy toy burritos.
- Declare war on your friends. Some battles only involve a handful of players. Others force the entire table to engage in a Burrito War.
- Duel to determine the winner. During a Burrito Duel, two players must stand back to back, walk three paces, and FIRE.
Essentially, the cards you collect earn you points, but getting hit by a burrito deducts points. So, make sure you duck, dodge, and throw burritos accurately. It may also be wise to clear away breakable items or dangerous objects.
In case you need more convincing, here are five more awesome things about the game.
- Engaging: If you don’t pay attention during this game, you are sure to lose. Throw Throw Burrito isn’t a game where people can be on the phones scrolling through social media while waiting for their turn. You must be involved during the entire time and even when you’re not in a burrito battle, you can’t help but watch and want to join.
- Active: I’ve never run more during a card game. My reflexes have never been tested to its fullest. I’ve never experienced so much joy throwing a burrito at a friend. While many card games lead to sore bottoms, Throw Throw Burrito keeps you on your toes and makes you wish you had better hand eye coordination.
- Unpredictability: This game is a wonderful combination of strategy and chance. You never known when a battle will ensue, and the lead is never guaranteed.
- Artwork: Similar to Exploding Kittens, the artwork is hilarious and unique. The cards include fun drawings called Jelly Jelly, Meow Cow, Licky Chicky, Logger Dogger, Barky Sharky, and Goth Sloth. The burritos are also something you’ve never seen before.
- All Ages: Games that are both friend and family friendly are worth your money and guaranteed to bring joy to everyone you love having at game night. Throw Throw Burrito is easy to learn and play!
The game isn’t sold in stores yet, but you can sign up to be notified when it’s available for purchase.