You have spent a lot of time at home this year sprucing up your bread-making skills and sprucing up your living space. Put that introspection to good use as the days get shorter to find out how you should spruce up your merry little home. Take this quiz to explore your new holiday style.
What’s your favorite Yule Movie?
- Jim Carrey’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Merry Christmas Charlie Brown
- Die Hard
What’s your must-have Christmas decoration?
- Outdoor lights, especially if they twinkle to the beat
- That quirky thrift store find you couldn’t pass up
- The Family Heirloom
- Jack Skellington
Pick your favorite Winter Treat
- Neighbor treats
- Hot chocolate
- Flavored whiskey
Choose the Best Winter Activity
- Building a snowman
- Going to the Beach
Choose the best Christmas Quote
- “Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.” – Eric Severied
- “Christmas is a bridge. We need bridges as the river of time flows past. Today’s Christmas should mean creating happy hours for tomorrow and reliving those of yesterday.” – Gladys Taber
- “Every gift which is given, even though it be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection.” – Pindar
- “‘Bah!’ said Scrooge, ‘Humbug!'” – A Christmas Carol
Maximalist: You love everything about the holidays. Your friends want you to be happy, so do the most. Don’t forget that the reason you do so much is to make special memories for your family, and the best memories are the ones you share together. A maximum holiday takes maximum effort. Make sure you aren’t spending too much time in the background.
Vintage: Celebrating the holidays won’t be the same this year. The nostalgia of winter wonderlands past lead you to relive the jolly days. Don’t let current circumstances keep you from enjoying your holiday season to the fullest. Try looking up ways to celebrate according to your heritage. It’s a fun way to really connect to the past.
Minimalist: You’re pretty low maintenance about the Holidays. All you need is snow and your loved ones around you to make the yuletide special. A few homemade or sustainably sourced toys will give your new aesthetic just the right flair.
Off-Beat: You’re definitely the funny one of the group. You chuckle when you see people taking the season too seriously. You like to go against the grain and the mayhem brings you joy. The way you celebrate is refreshing to you because everyone is always doing the same old things. However, be careful when rejecting the ‘corny’ traditions of your friends. They might think you are rejecting them. Give yourself permission to enjoy the cheesiest parts of Christmas.